Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Fun, and other stuff (Better late then never)

We had a pretty good Easter this year, only bummer was Scott had to work and wasn't home :( On Saturday the girls decorated Easter eggs and we made Chocolate chip cookies. The kids were happy with what came in their baskets and lots of candy was ate by all! Here are some pictures of our Easter weekend.
I have to explain the little dress papers in the pictures. After the kiddos had gone to bed I had gone downstairs and noticed these little papers scattered around the living room. One read, Kenna's spot, Kayla's spot, Quade's spot, and Jenn's spot she had left little labels as to where the easter bunny should leave everyones baskets I thought it was just too darn cute and had to take a picture of a couple!
Also on Sunday Scott's sister, mom and our nephews and baby Jasmine came over for dinner and to have an Easter egg hunt, I was so excited this was the first time in 3 years i think it was actually nice enough to have the hunt outside instead of in the living room! The kids gathered up tons of eggs filled with candy. And we had a yummy dinner, of what is in Tanner tradition apparently, since we all had the same meal although we weren't together haha.

Prior to Easter weekend during Scott's days off when the weather was actually nice for a day or two we took advantage and got some major yard work done, the biggest project being taking down the cherry tree in our front yard, we decided we wanted to open up some more free space. After getting all the branches cut off and hauled off we were left debating what to do about the massive stump. Scott after seeing on tv at sometime or another a truck pulling out a stump decided he wanted to see if you really could do that and he wanted me to get out the camera to document. Well as you will see, yes a pickup can pull out a stump, after about 10 minutes of back and forth jerking!

Then last but not least i just had to add this because I thought it was so funny and to show you all that no matter what the age all men are just big dorks!! I am always having to get on Scott because he's worse then the kids when it comes to eating vegetables so i'm always telling him I'm not seeing any green on his plate and he needs to get some. So the other day he dishes up his food and sits at the table, and i look over and this is what i see.......

Men!!!!!!!! Any suggestions on how to get them to eat their vegetables??????
Until next time!!!

6 comments:

Josh and Amber said...

Your easter looked like so much fun! I loved the paper markings of everyones spots!! That was so stinkin cute!!! And then the picture of Scotts dinner plate is hilarious! What a smarty! The kids looked like they had a great easter too! So fun that you colored eggs! I'm gonna try and do that next year since I think Paige would enjoy it more next year!

Bonnie and Steve said...

Thanks for sharing your Easter fun. The Easter Bunny treated the kids well after all. I'm glad you had a fun day. I'm sorry we couldn't have spent it together. At least we all ate the same thing. And tell Scott that those veggies wouldn't feed a bird. Shame on him but that's pretty funny.

Mike & Traci said...

Dang I think your Easter bunny needs to come to Our house next year!! Talk about being spoiled :) (i remember a time when mom & dad's easter bunner spoiled us...man those were the times)! also the little dress markings were pretty funny & how clever to even think of that ;)

The last pic of Scott's dinner plate made me laugh! Mike does the same thing, he dishes up a heaping pile of everything BUT the salad!! And then every time mike's parents come to town I get to hear the ol' Mike needs to eat more veggies & its like "yeah...TELL MIKE THAT!!" Anyways, too funny!!! Also it still makes me smile that we all made the EXACT same dinner for Easter!!! Can't wait to see ya next week!

squiresclan said...

Haha I know it looks like the kiddos were spoiled for Easter cuz in truth the Easter Bunny was very frugal this year and only spent 100.00 and that included the candy for the egg hunt! Kenna's items were all found on clearance for 5 or less except the dress and candy. I love clearance sales :)

Lacy said...

I remember when I was little being worried of that same thing (whether or not the Easter bunny would know what basket was mine!) That's funny, good thing you snapped a few pics to remember it! I am also so glad we've been having good weather; it feels so good to get outside!

Cory and Karen said...

Looks like the kids has a lot of fun on Easter. I am getting so excited for summer to be here!