Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wahh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My time to vent :(

Man what a horrible day :( First off i wake up to around 3 inches of snow on the ground, and as most know snow is not one of my favorite things. I'm not ready for winter, not by a long shot!
Then this evening i came down to get on my computer and look up some things and everything Freezes up as solid as the snow on the ground. Nothing would work, so i had to cut the power to my comptuer to shut it off and reboot it. So i decided to run my anti spy softwear and low and behond it discovers 98 severe threats to my computer in the forms of backdoors and trojans and all sorts of nasty stuff. So i tried desperately to get it all removed but alas it wouldn't all go away and i kept having a pop up about my computer is severely infected, i wanted to cry.
I soon realize my only hope of possibly salvaging my compture is to do a complete system restore. The only problem being about a year ago my cd/dvd drive quit working, we even tried replacing it to no avail wich for the most part hasn't been that big of deal, but do to this i have not been able to back up any of my pictures to a CD, bet u can guess where i'm going, In having to do a restore i probably lost around 100 pictures i won't be able to get again. Lots of my pictures are stills aved on my digital camera, but it had gotten so full that recently i'd gone threw it and deleted all the pictures i liked, but didn't need to print copys of i was perfectly happy just having them downloaded on the PC.
The system restore worked, thankfully, i am up and running again with so far no signs of nasty malware and spyware but those pictures are lost. Why oh why couldn't it have happened at a time when i had more then dust bunnies in my pocket and could of bought hte jump drive i want, wich was my origional plan for saving those pictures for when the day came (hopefully soon) that i got a new computer! This one is 4 yrs old wich as we know is ancient in computer years!
All in all what a sunday :(

2 comments:

Mike & Traci said...

Oh that is AWFUL!! That is always my fear that I will lose all my pics. I have probably like over a thousand pics on my laptop, so cross the fingers they stay protected.

Josh and Amber said...

Oh that is not fun! How horrible! Sounds like a pretty rough day, but you've survived it (though your pictures didn't :( ) that is one of the worst feelings. I always fear that. And about the snow, I really really feel for you. I hate snow. I hope your days are getting better!