Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Baptism and a Wedding

As you know on May 30 MaKayla was baptised. We just want to thank all of the family for coming up and supporting her on her special day (we missed you steve and becca) I know it really meant alot to MaKayla and the rest of us, it wouldn't of been the same without everyone. I love it when the family gets together, this includes gmas and gpas and my aunts and uncles. Thank you everyone for coming and all of your support :) MaKayla was baptised by her uncle Tyson and confirmed by her Grandpa Tanner who both did a fabulous job!! Unfortunately i realized all too late that i never took a single picture during the BBQ after the baptism, but thankfully Traci has some cute pics!! I was concentrating so much on making sure i remembered everything, apparently i forgot all about pictures *sigh*
Here are some pictures from Kaylas special day (thanks amber) Oh and also the new pictures on my header were taken by amber for us and she did a wonderful job!!

Then last saturday my nephew Gage got married to his girlfriend Lindsay. I learned something too just a little hint for any who may still be single out there, I wouldn't plan an outdoor wedding in June in Idaho. Weather had been nice and sunny for about 2 weeks with only the occasional thunder/rain storm hitting in the later evening hours. Til of course the day of an outside wedding, it rained and rained all day long, thankfully they had the church reserved as back up just in case but the weather made a serious crimp in plans and had everyone scrambling to move to new location. It still was a very nice wedding though (once they made another of many trips to the old location to pick up the forgotten marriage licence) My nephew Jordan was best man and little Jasmine was the flower girl (Gage is her father)


And finally speaking of the weather........why oh why is it the first year i plant new flowers outside at this house, the year we get a major hailstorm that leaves damage and destruction in its wake??? I'm not sure how many of my baby flowers are going to survive after that blast by mother nature! The lilac trees are missing the lilacs, and the Snowball trees have little to no snowballs, my baby rose bush with its pretty new rose blossems is drooping and almost bare, and the ground is scattered with leaves and wilting petals. Why oh why!!!!!! :(

5 comments:

Josh and Amber said...

I'm so glad we got to come up for Makaylas baptism! It was so fun to be there and be with her on her special day! Thanks for lettin me take a few pics, even though we were so rushed on time for them, wish we could have had more time. The family one definately needs redone, but we'll just do it next month!:) Those are nice pics from the wedding, your hair looked really pretty. And I'm so sorry about your plants, that is so sad! :(

Bonnie and Steve said...

We wouldn't have missed it. We had a wonderful time and you did a great job on the BBQ. I'm glad your storm didn't hit until the next weekend. Your hair looked really nice in the wedding picture.

Mike & Traci said...

So Dito to everything that Amber & Mom said...really what more can I add?? It was a Great weekend though!!

Andrew said...

I am so sad that I missed it! I was talking to Brandi on the phone yesterday and we both lamented. We miss the big Walker get togethers for blessings, baptisms, piano recitals, you name it. I miss Grandma Walker's Potato Salad and million dollar sweet pickles.

Love you!

Cousin Candice

Janet said...

So I know our family only got to do summer family get togethers, but I miss them too. Congrats to Makayla, how special that Tyson was able to baptize her. Your poor flowers! That weather is ridiculous. I only thought it snowed like crazy up there. I had no idea that you got hailstorms like that... insane! No wonder why my dad left and only came back during the summer months.