Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day

First of all, Happy Mothers day to all the mom's out there, hope you had a great one :)

This weekend finally after weeks of rain and tornado force winds we were finally blessed with near perfect weather, not too chilly and you could spend hours outdoors without soaking in sweat, it was bliss! So for mothers day we decided to take advantage of the weather and get outdoors. So me and the kiddos (unfortunately scott is at work) and my great niece Jasmine whom we were watching this weekend decided to go to the zoo and taphus park. One of these days i'd like to go to a big zoo, but the little zoo at taphus park isn't bad, over the years they've made several changes so it is kind of fun to see what's new. The nice thing was since the weather wasn't too hot, all the animals, minus the few that are still in their winter homes, were outside lounging about. My favorites are definately the monkeys have been since i was a little kid.

Funny thing about the picture of Kayla in front of the donkey right before i took it she had made a heehaw sound, and i told her she had found her long lost family because she sounded just like them and that's the look i got from her haha. Oh and Traci and Amber are the inspiration behind the lion head fountain photos....after you both had pictures like that from your zoo trips i had to have one too haha, Kaylas is better then mine though haha. And as a reminder if you would like to see the pictures better, just click on it and it will open bigger!
After the zoo we went to the playland and had a picnic of sandwiches and the kids played around for a while. Then we came home and jasmine and myself took a much needed nap! Then i was teasing the kids about dinner and how i was going to have to cook for myself and so Quade goes well all i can cook is hamburgers........so he took over as grillmaster and made us some burgers on the bbq.

All in all it was a pretty good mothers day, now i just hope this warm weather lasts so we can continue to find ways to enjoy it!

6 comments:

Bonnie and Steve said...

I'm glad you got to have a nice, fun Mothers' day. Cute pictures. And kudos to Quade for fixing you dinner. I like your new pictures of the kids and fam but where is yours and Scott's?

squiresclan said...

haven't taken any of me and scott lately that i'd want to put on there, so for now it's the kiddos, 2 and 4 legged!

Josh and Amber said...

haha I like your response to mom's comment. I like your new header too, it's cute!

I'm glad you had a nice mother's day. Love all the pics from the zoo. That place really has grown and changed since I last remember it! Love the lion faucette pics, mine was also inspired by Traci's! So Traci thanks for the inspiration!!! haha!

Janet said...

What a fun day! I love the zoo. There's a cute little one in Tucson that is like 1/8 of the size of the Phoenix zoo, but I still like to go there. I also love that Quade made you dinner, what a good kid. Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day.

Cory and Karen said...

Happy Mother's Day! That was so nice of Quade to make you dinner. We are going to the zoo this weekend and the kids are super excited! Our zoo is smaller than the Idaho Falls zoo and we don't have any monkeys:(.

Lacy said...

What a sweet day! I laughed when I saw your picture of the Lion drinking fountain; we always have to take "the picture" when we go there too!!! And way to go Quade, food always tastes better when some else makes it for ya!