Thursday, February 19, 2009

So much to Blog, So little time!!

Hey! So yeah i've been slacking again *blushes* There actually have been things going on in our household i just haven't taken the time to sit and blog about them, bad me!! So here is a rundown on all things Squires, (well least the things you might be interested in)

Few weeks ago Kayla and Kenna did a mini cheer camp with the Skyline High School Cheerleaders and they had an absolute blast!! It was 3 days of camp then they got to perform at halftime of the basketball game. Kayla has done this a few times before but it was MaKenna's first year and her dad was worried she would be shy, so everyday after clinic she'd come up I wasn't shy mommy and she wasn't she was out there shaking it with the rest of them. I wish i could share video of the performance but my video camera is old and i can't download them on the computer :( But here are some pictures from performance night!

Then On Feb. 8th was Makenna's 6th birthday and the following weekend she had her first big birthday party with friends and Leo's Place. It was so cute watching all them little 5/6 yr old girls everytime she opened a present there was a chorus of ooo's and ahhhs. and i like those from around the table. Among the gifts we got her, her very own Nintendo DS, now i'm not sure who was more excited about it, Kenna or Kayla (Kenna has been hogging Kaylas DS since christmas) Here are a few pictures from the party, most of the pics were taken by scott on his phone, but i didn't get them downloaded before he headed back to work.

All in all it's been a pretty good month. Ooo also this month we finally got a flatscreen!!! Thanks to circuit city going out of business we got a killer deal on a 47 inch LCD, now we can join the large screen viewing of most of the rest of the fam :) In other exciting news Scott and I will be going to vegas next week (7 days and counting whoohooo!!!) To attend the Nascar race while the kiddos spend the weekend with gma gpa, ty, and aunt amber and fam!! We are all super excited, the kids can't wait to get to gma's and I can't wait to have a few days kid free! When I get back i'm sure i'll have hundreds of pictures to share with everyone :) Til then!!!!

Oh wait I almost forgot Valentines day. For the first time in years scott was actually home so i took advantage and had him take me out and so we decided to splurge and went to Red Lobster where we salivated over our food, his steak and lobster and myself a platter of lobster, crab, and 2 kinds of shrimp. i have to say i'm glad we braved the crowds and went, we waited so it was a late dinner so got lucky only haveing to wait about 45 min for a table, not to bad for vday! Thank You for the great night hubby i love you!!!!!

3 comments:

Lacy said...

Six already! I remember when she was just a baby! That's cool that your girls do cheer camp, I'm sure it's fun to see them perform! And you are so spoiled! A new TV, a trip to Vegas, and Red Lobster!!!

Josh and Amber said...

Aww I'm so happy you guys got to go out on Valentines Day! You deserved it after all these years!!! I still can't believe Benna is 6! She's such a doll! And it just dawned on me that I didn't do a special post for her on her birthday on our family website. I feel like a horrible aunt! But I know she knows I love her and I can't wait to see her!!!! It's commin up so fast, but not fast enough!! I can't wait to see the kids, and know Paige and the new pup will love havin them here to visit!! And last, but not least, I'm so proud of my little cheerleaders!! They both looked so cute, I so wish I could have been there to see them perform!:(! So the next time at your house you better show me there video!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady!! Happy Birthday!! I was going to call but my kids gave me a nice cold and strep throat so my brain is all a mush...SORRY please forgive me. Hope Vegas was wonderful...would love to see you post some pics Talk to you later. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!