First of all let me apologies for not blogging in so long. Between football starting and back to school i have gotten nothing done! That being said there's alot that has gone on so this post will be pretty long, so sit back get comfy and enjoy the ride :)
As I said before school is back in session, i am so loving it!! MaQuade is now in 7th grade, Kayla 4th and my little Kenna started Kindergarten. So far they are all really enjoying school, expecially Kenna she thinks kindergarten is the greatest! I just really hope the feeling lasts for awhile, expecially for the two oldest it's really nice not hearing oh man do i have to go to school at this point haha

Football season has arrived once again and we realized how much we had missed it and even though it makes us super busy with all the practice and games. So far the season has not started out well for us unfortunately though. we are currently 0-2, although it should be 1-1. Now i know everyone probably thinking yeah that's what everyone thinks when they've lost a game but I am serious about this one. Our first game we lost fair and square no doubt about it, the boys played really well but the other team played better. But as for our second game in Rigby this last week. Well there is alot i could say about that game but to sum things up I never want to have to play in Rigby again!!!!! We had problems with their Ref's when we played there last year and this year was even worse. The game was extremely one sided lets just put it this way if one of our kids did something wrong, or were percieved to they immediately threw the flag, when Rigby's team did an illegle move they were patted on the head and very nicely told don't do that, with no flag being pulled and i swear to you i'm not exhadurating(sp?). We even had a Ref standing at the sidelines, he wasn't reffing that game, yelling at the refs about how they were handling things. If i went into detail about everything that went on in that game this post would take up a few pages but one other thing was Quade the quiet shy boy that he is (insert sarcasm) got tired of getting late hits to the back with no penalties being given (wich you can clearly see when they watched the game tape, and also can see the ref witnessing them) went up to the ref and told him to come on start calling the penalties and the ref looked at him and said Shut the (enter very bad 4 letter word here) up and don't tell me how to do my job. Needless to say i was infuriated and am trying to find out who/when/how i report this too I really don't think them ref's should be cussing out a bunch of kids. Final score was 7-6 even though we actually made it into the endzone 3 almost 4 times.
Now onto happy times :) On thursday scott and I got to go to the Poison concert at the fair!!!! It was soooooooooo much fun!!!! And i have to say for a bunch of guys getting on in their years they don't look half bad compared to some of the old 80's rock bands and they still sounded great!!! This was very exciting to me since as a kid i had all of their tapes. Oh the memories all those old songs brought back! We took my friend tammy with us as well because it was her birthday! If years ago anyone would of ever told me i would be attending a poison concert i would of thought they were nuts! Next on would love to see list is Bon Jovi!!!

Then on Friday Scott and I took the kiddos to the fair where we ate our fill of oh so yummy fine fair cuisine and rode the rides till our heads were spinning! Quade and Kenna even participated in a kids tractor pull where they rode john deer pedal tractors pulling these weighted down skid plate things, Kenna hauled 50 lbs and made it about 20 feet and Quade had 225 lbs and made it about 22. Kayla wanted to to it but she had to use the little girls room and they could only take 22 kids and when she got back the list was full. It was a great fun filled day even though by the end our legs were ready to buckle from exhaustion and for me i either ate one too many tornatos (these cross between pototoe chips and french fry thingys, hard to explain but OH so good!) Or spun upside down on one too many rides cuz i was feeling a big woozy haha OH and i almost forgot, i got myself some comfy 400 thread count sheets for 20.00 i was so excited, now quade can't brag about having the softest sheets in the house woohoooo!!!
That's kind of our last month in a nutshell. Keeping busy and trying to throw in a bit of fun here and there! Following are some pictures from our day, enjoy :)






6 comments:
Well...It's about time you commented :) Looks like you guys have been up to lots of fun & another fun day of rides!! Your kids are going to be Ride-A-Holics in No Time!!!
I agree w/ you on the Ref thing! Even if Quade hat sworn at him (which he didn't) that gives the ref NO rights to curse at a kid!! Good luck getting that one tackled!! Well tell Quade good luck w/ his other games! Also did you get the pic I emailed ya...finally!! You know better late than never :)
You sure have been busy. But it looks like you guy's have been having a lot of fun! I really miss the Idaho State fairs. The fair here just isn't the same.
And I also agree on the whole ref thing. That is SO rediculous. The Ref has no right swearing at a kid, and that is very wrong and VERY unprofessional. So I wish you the best of luck getting that worked out. I hope the rest of your games go a lot better!!
I'm so happy you posted! Can't wait to hear from you again:)
I miss you all!!
FYI - I e-mailed you jakes e-mail address for their blog at your msn address!
Nice...Poison Concert. I think that I read on cousin Adam's blog that they were there too. I could be wrong, as I get hair bands confused with eachother. My good husband is more of the expert:)
I went to the Utah State Fair, and it has lost the luster of the Idaho one. I wonder if we are just moving away from our agriculture roots, and the fairs are declining just a bit. I am glad the Eastern Idaho one is still awesome.
Keep posting good friend. I love reading about your life.
I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting! I am jealous of the poison concert--how fun is that! I'm also pleased to see that you too are a twilight fan! I'm currently reading Breaking Dawn for the 2nd time and then will probably start the series again for like the 5th time! Have you read The Host? It's harder to get into, but it's really good and she is writing a sequel to it! Yeah-I'm a nerd!
Cute fair pictures. You could call going to the fair, one of your family traditions. While you were there, did you buy any pecans or almonds at the Totally Nuts booth? I know the guy that owns that booth. He said that his booth was by the Antiques Building exhibet. He is from St. George and I just talked to him today. His nuts are yummy.
Post a Comment